We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. This privacy notice is intended to give you an understanding of how we use the information you give us. We are registered as a non-for-profit organization in Zambia with registration number 120180006391. We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
We may collect information from you in the following ways when:
- you donate to us or respond to our emails
- you contact us in relation to volunteering for us, act as an ambassador or fundraise on our behalf
- you share your experience
- you attend a Zambian National STEM Foundation event
- you apply for a job with us or volunteer with us or provide services via an agency or provide consultancy services directly to us
- you contact us with enquiries or other correspondence (including via social media) or become involved with us in another way and indicate you would like to hear more from us.
If you interact with us in one of the ways listed above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- details of your visit to our website, including your IP address
- your name, address, email address, telephone number, your age or the corporate entity you represent
- information you enter onto our website or in hard copy form at an event
- records of your correspondence with us if you have contacted us
- whether you have a relationship to another supporter.
When you attend an event or activity, we may take photographs and videos of you. Your image may be used in print and digital formats, including print publications, websites, film and social media. We will always inform you if photography or filming is being carried out by us at an event. Event participants have the right to decide whether their images are taken and how these may be used and stored by us.
Generally, Zambian National STEM Foundation will process your data on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- Where the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract or legal agreement to which you are a party, or where a contract forms the basis of your interaction with Zambian National STEM Foundation.
- Where you have provided your consent to us to use your personal data in a particular way. For example, in connection with your choices to receive marketing communications by email or text.
We will process your data for one or more of the following reasons:
- To administer your purchase or donation
- To maintain our relationship with you and update you on the impact of your support to us.
- To provide you with the services, activities or information you have indicated you are happy to receive or which you have asked for.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies.
- For internal administrative purposes and to keep a record of your relationship with us.
- For the purposes of internal research to improve our effectiveness.
- For marketing purposes, to provide you with information about us, our fundraising campaigns, our events, our services, and any other information, products, activities or services that we provide or provide access to, such as supporter updates.
- To provide you with information about volunteering opportunities.
- To invite you to attend an event.
- To manage your communication preferences with us.
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service or fundraising opportunities.